Hi friends! I can't believe that we're already into the second week of NOVEMBER. Whaaaat?! It already feels so crazy & hectic as we begin to prepare for Holiday travel, but I couldn't be more excited for the celebrations to come. EEEEEK! On top of the typical end-of-year CRAZY-BUSINESS that we're all experiencing, Sean and I have been in a mad dash to finish designing & installing our NEW LOFT! It's seriously been the project of a lifetime, and I'm growing more and more anxious for the day that I finally get to share the big reveal!
Over the last week or so, we've really focused on the finishing touches for our home. Sean and I have worked as a team to fuze our styles and include pieces that resonate with both of us as individuals – and that's no easy task when you're both very opinionated designers. It's been a really fun process to shop together, design together, and learn a few quirky details about one another. Sometimes we agree on a certain product or piece, and sometimes we don't. It's been fun to learn how our preferences on art & furniture differ, and also how similar we are in so many ways. Sean and I have really strived to only make purchases that we're BOTH happy with, and it has made our home feel like a true reflection of our brand new little family. I really don't think that you can fully know someone until you build a home together, and I'm loving this process & phase of life that we're in.
I decided to show you some of the things that we've recently purchased and given a spot in our new home. From books to mugs to plants, it's the finishing touches that can really make a space feel complete. I've been dying to frame a few of my favorite vinyl albums, so I finally found frames for my beloved Rumours and Eat A Peach records. The rest of the items were purchased online or from our favorite shops around town, and they're all affordable. ALSO – since it's the Holiday season (aka the season of mass gift-giving) – all of these items would make incredible gifts for that Design-loving friend or family member of yours! Emjoy :)
1. Leather Planter - this little guy lives on our desk and holds our favorite cactus plant.
2. Book - seriously, just buy it. it's so practical and such a breath of fresh air.
3. Hand-Poured Candle - I'm addicted. I've purchased it in Brass, as well.
4. French Press - this was a wedding gift - I'm in love!
5. Mother-in-Law's Tongue - you can't kill 'em.
6. Mug - this is Sean's "Man Mug." It's man-hand sized and I'm not allowed to touch it.
7. Mousepad - it wears beautifully and it's so well-made
8. Concrete & Brass Table - this functions as my just-girly-enough bedside table!
9. Kitchen Towels - thanks, Mom. I love you.
10. Serving Bowl - our leftover Halloween candy lives here.
11. Vinyl Frame - these are so perfect & minimal.
12. Ceramic Bud Vase - that perfect shade of nude. I love pairing ours with a "Pincushion" flower.